Boyfriend Still Acting Like a BachelorThu, Aug 12th 2010
My boyfriend and I of 4 years have a 2 year old daughter and we recently moved in together. We split up the first time because of his love of the night life. He's a fun loving person who sees no wrong in partying every night. Rarely will he get home earlier than 10.00 p.m and this is putting a strain on our relationship and our sex life since I have to wake up before him to go to work. He never feels the need to let me know where he is or with whom and I'm the one always calling to find out when he'll be home. It's just a week into living together and already I'm wondering whether I made a mistake by moving in. Please help
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.