Am I depressed?Sat, Jun 28th 2008
I am 22 years old and I am married and have two children. My husband works full-time and goes to school full-time so I am home with the children all day everyday. I was never sad all the time like I am now. My sadness started ever since we bought a house with my uncle and we are living with him and my cousin. My uncle and cousin are great people but I just want to live on my own and be my own family. Another thing that makes me sad all the time is that my husband is never home. He never spends time with us and I know he would rather be with us than be at school or work but I just can't take it sometimes. I never want to hurt myself but I feel sad all the time and cry. Most of the time I cry myself to sleep. Is this really depression?? I just want to be happy and enjoy life and I would like to enjoy it with my husband I hate it when he comes home and I'm sad like this, its enough he has a hard day everyday.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.