Emerging Trends in Youth Vaping: What Schools Need to Know
Welcome to Emerging Trends in Youth Vaping: What Schools Need to Know, a 7-module, self-paced e-training developed for educators, Student Assistance Counselors, administrators, prevention specialists, and parents. Upon completing the series, participants will be able to:
- Describe electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), also called e‑cigarettes: what they are and how they work
- Discuss what is known and not known about the health effects of e‑cigarette use
- Identify marketing strategies used by tobacco companies to make e‑cigarettes appealing to youth
- Explain basic concepts of addiction and how addiction affects the adolescent brain
- Describe how e‑cigarettes may be used to consume marijuana concentrates and the consequences for adolescents
- Access and use the RISAS Vaping Toolkit
This collection of seven modules should take 3 hours to complete in its entirety and can be taken individually or as a series.
If you would like a certificate of completion, please take our pre-test. Contact hours and a certificate of completion are only available to individuals who complete each of the 7 e-learning modules and their accompanying pre- and post-test assessments.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This e-training was funded by the State of Rhode Island: Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals (BHDDH) and produced by Rhode Island Student Assistance Services (RISAS) and JSI Research & Training, Inc. with support from the Rhode Island Prevention Resource Center. The content of this course does not necessarily represent the views or policies of SAMHSA or BHDDH.